Tribes i'm not allowed to marry from...

As an African child we are all familiar with this topic. Most African parents have a list of tribes their kids must not marry from and this fact is drummed into u once u hit puberty, so i'd like to share d list of tribes in my parent's black book with you......

The Hausa
 My parents don't really have much grief with this set of guys as dey believe they are more accomodating and loving than other tribes. Their only offence is that they r potential boko haram nd dey tend to overshadow their wives.

The Igbos
There is no love lost with this group... there is absolutely no way this is going to happen, it must not...during final year days when dey stylishly ask of my boyfriend dey'll say ' Awon oko yin nko' 'E sha ma gbe igbo wale' they believe igbos are wicked, frauds and have evil mother-inlaws.......wen I served in delta, my mother made it a point to call at least once in a month to stylishly ask nd ensure that i avnt strayed from d right path (try and  convince my mum that south -south isn't igbo... ..shebi u know how to fetch water in a basket)..............

Now let's go onto d straight and narrow path

The Yoruba
This group is further divided into two: The Endorsed and the Dare not

The Dare not

  1. I dare not marry from my father's state because asides from being fierce gossips,  dey r hypocrites, backbiters and their daughter-in-laws are subjected to rivalry and modern slavery .
  2. I dare not marry from my mother's state because their men can be stingy like tomorrow no dey.
  3. I dare not marry from Ibadan bcoz they are too insultive and hypocritical.
  4. I dare not marry from kogi bcoz they are too fetish. 
  5. I dare not marry from Ekiti cos their people are wicked nd unforgiving.
  6. No 5 applies to Ondo people 


The Endorsed 
That leaves Osun &Lagos.....






Remind me again, why am I not married? 🙄

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As fine as old wine.....

Onychopagy ( Nail biting)

A fan of Afang?