Shoulder Friends.....

I'm sure each of us has one or two of these kind of friends in our lives, friends dt only remember u when they are in need,in pain or plain bored...These kind of friends are d ones that place u on their shoulder unlike true friends that put u in their hearts, they place u on their shoulder so that when they no longer av need of u,they drop u like it's hot! Let me tell u about such a friend of mine,lets call her Lady B

I met Lady B when we were in fashion school, then being a person that doesn't make friends easily until i've studied my environment, I was often on my own. Then during our group practicals, d lousy ones will quickly run nd form their group leaving us dt were reserved behind. On one of this occasions I was paired with lady B nd some guys,however being d two ladies in d group it was only natural to stick together. Long story short,we became friends,i discovered dt she was married although we are in d same age group,we were practically inseperable nd started visiting each other at home. Naturally I'm a fast learner especially wen it's something i'm passionate about so I was learning in such a way that people often accused me of having learnt d skill somewhere before, so it made it easy for me to help with her practicals since she was always busy nd distracted with taking care of her kids and family. Soon our friendship got to a stage dt she started inviting me to her family events and social hangouts with her family since I seemed to be d only friend she had,she started confiding in me about her marital problems and I often sought advice from mum on her behalf.......
Then she started missing classes nd failing to turn in practical assignments and test, sometimes I helped her out but I was often caught as d instructor was aware of her absence in class,my calls to her gave me a busy reply nd I decided to visit her at home.... it was during my visit that I discovered dt she was making plans to travel to mecca for pilgrimage,she had been keeping it from me for sometime, d reason I can't fathom. So I offered to help her with preparations nd she declined, so I just got her something useful she could take along....she lied about her departure date,twice....just so I wouldn't knw d exact date she was leaving,i dunno maybe she has seen me as a witch somewhere,lol! She eventually travelled nd I called to wish her well nd check on her from time to time,we frequently chatted on whatsapp until d day I passed my boundary....

On dt fateful day, I had gotten a job from a client to make dresses for d kids for sallah nd I needed a machine to sew 'cos I hadn't gotten mine due to money issues, school was on break so I couldn't make use of d machine der, so mum prompted me to ask if she could lend me hers till she gets back since she wasn't around to use it,so I sent her a message explaining d situation to her.... My friend has not replied dt message till dis day,she read it nd ignored......den proceeded to send me all dose bcs pipu randomly type wen dey are bored....I later saw all her pics on instagram nd fb with her new alhaja friends....

Since she came back our friendship hasn't bin like before, most times I call her she neither picks nor call back. Then last month she called, after saying how she meant to call back nd stuff she proceeded to tell me how her husband impregnated a lady,bla bla nd it's bin giving her stress nd all, I played d role of sympathizer nd advicer like I always do nd after dt she stopped picking my calls again....yesterdae was her bday nd after calling for d umpteenth time she finally picked,saying how she was thinking of inviting me over that she's not even planning anything yet,she doesn't knw if she'll celebrate.....anyways on her dp this morning she placed d picture of her and hubby cutting her very big birthday cake...................good riddance!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As fine as old wine.....

Onychopagy ( Nail biting)

A fan of Afang?